Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Coree-Leap of Faith

My Leap Of Faith



The sun had just gone down and the moon began to slowly rise, the sounds of the city grew quieter and the sky grew darker. That’s when I knew that it was time to fly for the first time. I felt nervous, a strong gust of wind blew beneath me as I perched on that branch.


I was encouraged by a group of my friends and family who were all there to support me. I gripped my talons around the branch. I was excited as I take my first flight. I checked to see if there were any predators, I didn’t want my first flight to be my last!

I slowly lifted one leg. It felt scared and I’m sure the branch was swaying much more than it needed to. I planted my foot down gripping that tree with my talons as hard as I could.

I finally built up my courage and was brave enough to take the leap of faith. My heart was racing as I spread my wings and launched myself up into the air. I couldn’t believe it, I was flying!

As I soared through the air my wings felt alive and I could see everything on the ground, beetles scurrying across the ground,Oh wait... I can see worms squirming beneath the grass,I swooped down and grasped on to the worms.

I feel like I can do anything,now I can fly. Finally me and my friends can go and explore the sky.



This week for writing we read a narrative called The Leap of Faith.Then we wrote a narrative poem about an owls first flight and how it felt or what it was doing in the process of it taking his or her first flight.To help me write a good story I used powerful words, good sentence structure and strong paragraphs.Today I learnt that it's good to do things you haven't done before because you never know if  you try.



1 comment:

  1. HI Coree:
    This is amazing work of writing just keep in mind that you might need to dabble read your story just to make sure that it makes seance's. You'r vocabulary is awesome keep up the grate work that you can do =).

    ReplyDelete